Please post bugs in this thread

11 years 5 months ago #262070 by garyrhook
And to repeat from another thread, background photos are not getting cropped properly. Argh.

Photo Comments
11 years 5 months ago #262118 by rtenny
hmmm, that should have been fixed. I will look at the background images again.

11 years 5 months ago #262119 by Baydream

rtenny wrote: hmmm, that should have been fixed. I will look at the background images again.

I just tried it and the EDIT works but the SAVE deletes the changes.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 5 months ago #262150 by Scotty

I LOVE BUGS!!!!!!! :banana:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rtenny
11 years 5 months ago #262170 by rtenny

Baydream wrote:

rtenny wrote: hmmm, that should have been fixed. I will look at the background images again.

I made some changes and my cropping was now saved correctly. But the browser cached the image so I did not see the change until I refreshed the pages.

I will try to fix that as well.

11 years 5 months ago #262173 by Baydream

rtenny wrote:

Baydream wrote:

I made some changes and my cropping was now saved correctly. But the browser cached the image so I did not see the change until I refreshed the pages.

I will try to fix that as well.

The page refresh worked. Perhaps just add that to the instructions.

Photo Comments
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #262188 by icepics
My pages aren't loading properly again today - this has happened before. They were loading OK the other day, today they're not. I have to keep scrolling down because everything on the top and to the right is taking up more space and not loading at the correct size. Like it says JOHN and BARRY etc. in really big letters!

And mine keeps running, has been doing that for 2-3 weeks, like it's trying to load something, I think it's the ads that keep flashing/running. If I click the X (Esc) at the top everything will stop running but then so do the smilies (which I can live without, but obviously that's not what it should be doing).

I also have to click twice to go back a page, I'm on IE.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 5 months ago #262193 by rtenny

icepics wrote: My pages aren't loading properly again today - this has happened before. They were loading OK the other day, today they're not. I have to keep scrolling down because everything on the top and to the right is taking up more space and not loading at the correct size. Like it says JOHN and BARRY etc. in really big letters!

And mine keeps running, has been doing that for 2-3 weeks, like it's trying to load something, I think it's the ads that keep flashing/running. If I click the X (Esc) at the top everything will stop running but then so do the smilies (which I can live without, but obviously that's not what it should be doing).

I also have to click twice to go back a page, I'm on IE.

I just started IE (version 9) and everything is fine. I have added some optimization this morning. Please try the refresh the page and see if that would help. CTRL-F5 is a hard refresh. But I did not need that on my IE.
Can you please tell me which version of IE you are using?

11 years 5 months ago #262194 by John Landolfi
Runnig IE9, with the same problems Sharon is describing... :woohoo:

Photo Comments
11 years 5 months ago #262195 by rtenny

John Landolfi wrote: Runnig IE9, with the same problems Sharon is describing... :woohoo:

IE has a compatibility modus for old sites. On my IE that is switched OFF.
When I switch that on the web site does look wrong. Can you please check if the modus if off.
You can see that in the address bar. There is a symbol that looks like a torn apart piece if paper.

I hope that helps.

11 years 5 months ago #262208 by icepics
I just tried that and it was already set apparently because it went back to an older version that looked even worse. Switched back again... and I can't remember offhand what version I have, my computer's only a couple of years old.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 5 months ago #262213 by Baydream
I use Firefox and Chrome and everything looks fine.
IE has always seemed to have some quirkiness to it.

Photo Comments
11 years 5 months ago #262222 by Stealthy Ninja
Solution to the IE9 problem is to download a better browser.

IE is the number 1 browser in the world used to download a better browser.
11 years 5 months ago #262232 by Baydream

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Solution to the IE9 problem is to download a better browser.

IE is the number 1 browser in the world used to download a better browser.

:rofl: :ntf:

Photo Comments
11 years 5 months ago #262404 by rtenny
I do tend to suggest everybody to use Firefox, by far the better browser. Or any other then IE. But the site still needs to work in IE. So many people still use it and the site looks fine in my IE. @IcePics any chance of uploaded a screenshot? Maybe try upgrading IE. 2 years in computer age is a life time. Especially with Microsoft. They send bug fixed every week. And a word of warning. NEVER EVER use IE for online banking. The internet is full with exploits for old IE.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024