Please post bugs in this thread

11 years 5 months ago #262405 by McBeth Photography

rtenny wrote: I do tend to suggest everybody to use Firefox, by far the better browser. Or any other then IE. ... And a word of warning. NEVER EVER use IE for online banking. The internet is full with exploits for old IE.

Very good advice, IE is a dying browser. Kinda sad actually...

It is what it is.
11 years 4 months ago #262478 by Baydream

rtenny wrote: I do tend to suggest everybody to use Firefox, by far the better browser. Or any other then IE. But the site still needs to work in IE. So many people still use it and the site looks fine in my IE. @IcePics any chance of uploaded a screenshot? Maybe try upgrading IE. 2 years in computer age is a life time. Especially with Microsoft. They send bug fixed every week. And a word of warning. NEVER EVER use IE for online banking. The internet is full with exploits for old IE.

:agree: 100%
Our County had a requirement to have their site work with IE and it always caused issues with the others. Hackers had back doors to IE practically before new versions were released. Firefox has been my Go To (except for a time this summer when it had trouble with the new Flash release. I then used Chrome, which works very well once you get used to it.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 4 months ago #262505 by rtenny

Baydream wrote: Our County had a requirement to have their site work with IE and it always caused issues with the others. Hackers had back doors to IE practically before new versions were released. Firefox has been my Go To (except for a time this summer when it had trouble with the new Flash release. I then used Chrome, which works very well once you get used to it.

Microsoft paid for many years 1 Million dollar fine each day to the european court as microsoft forced people to use IE in windows. And thats illegal here in Europe. But Mircosoft made more money in one hour so they did not change it and did not care either.

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #262534 by icepics
Maybe things will change eventually but I'm sure for now enough people are using IE that existing websites seem to usually be compatible with it.

Anyway today this seems to be loading as it should but I can't click back a page, I have to click on the back arrow twice. I posted previously in the thread that it had been showing that going back a page was going to an ad (it showed what says something like ad.doubleclick that some sites seem to use), now it just doesn't go back; I think my anti-viral software is trying to block it as it blocks pop-ups on here.

edit - I spoke too soon, the main pages are OK but when I click on a particular topic to read the thread it loads so I have to scroll down past lots of blank white space with the right hand column stretched out vertically - new members are shown one at a time vertically down the page, the names show up really large etc.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 4 months ago #262546 by John Landolfi

icepics wrote: Maybe things will change eventually but I'm sure for now enough people are using IE that existing websites seem to usually be compatible with it.

Anyway today this seems to be loading as it should but I can't click back a page, I have to click on the back arrow twice. I posted previously in the thread that it had been showing that going back a page was going to an ad (it showed what says something like ad.doubleclick that some sites seem to use), now it just doesn't go back; I think my anti-viral software is trying to block it as it blocks pop-ups on here.

edit - I spoke too soon, the main pages are OK but when I click on a particular topic to read the thread it loads so I have to scroll down past lots of blank white space with the right hand column stretched out vertically - new members are shown one at a time vertically down the page, the names show up really large etc.

+1 :woohoo:

Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago #267023 by icepics
I'm still having the same problems... pages don't load correctly, I can't go back a page without clicking twice.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago #267035 by rtenny

icepics wrote: I'm still having the same problems... pages don't load correctly, I can't go back a page without clicking twice.

We have done many changes in the last month and I am surprised you still have issues with IE. Any chance that you could post a screenshot please?

I checked again just now and all looks perfect.

Attachments:
11 years 3 months ago #267037 by icepics
I tried before but didn't figure out how to do a screenshot to post here. The main page loads OK but it's when I go to another page that the right column is spread out down the page so the comments start waaay down the page. I have to click twice every time to go back a page.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #267080 by Baydream
For screen print, you can click the "prt scn" button, then paste it into many editors. If you have Picasa loaded and open, it will automatically paste it into a Screen Capture file (.bmp) and let you save to as a jpg.
It can also be pasted into Accessories/MS Paint.

If you still have trouble, you can paste into Word and email to me and I will get it posted.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: rtenny
11 years 3 months ago #267292 by garyrhook
Q: I've updated my profile with items such as gender, location, etc. But in the forum none of that information shows up beneath my profile pic. Why is that?

Also, I see some folks have a tiny URL icon beneath their profile pic, but I can find nowhere in my profile to enter a URL. Are there separate settings for forum postings, and I'm just missing it?

Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago #267647 by icepics
Thanks, I'm now able to go back a page by clicking once.

John I hate to say it but since I took my early retirement, I never renewed what came on my computer when I bought it, and I haven't needed Word etc. since! I don't have Picasa, or Paint, don't know how to save the screen shot (not sure what editor you mean). Did I ever say I've had very little computer training?? LOL I just pulled up Word and yes, apparently it has expired... Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago #267654 by Baydream
Sharon -
Under Accessories is Paint.
Hit that "prt scn" , open Paint, click Paste, then "Save As" jpeg picture. Check your PM.

Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago #267855 by icepics
Thanks to John and many messages later, here are screen shots of how pages look after I log in. If I scroll over the black bar where it says Photography Forum and Photography Articles, the boxes drop down as shown - and stay that way.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 3 months ago #268423 by iFinn
That's messed up . . .
Sorry, got carried away. When I was registering, I had an odd little dialog pop up and warn me to check my fields before proceeding. I have no idea why, they were all complete. Is that supposed to happen?

11 years 3 months ago #268433 by Alex
Just jumping in to give heads up that we have a number of major changes coming around the corner where most of these items are getting taken care of with these updates. Stay tuned friends!

Much respect,

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: icepics

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024