Please post bugs in this thread

11 years 11 months ago #228633 by PhotographyTalk

John Landolfi wrote: Could you address the issues I raised, concerning obtrusive camera ads in the middle of the Profile page, and navigating the Galleries? Even if is to say you don't plan to do anything about them? It would be good to at least know. Thanks

Hi John,

Thank you for your message. Short Answer to your question is yes, in the near future you will have the ability to have those ads removed from your profile. Stay tuned... we'll be getting to that shortly.

Much respect,

Alex

11 years 11 months ago #228971 by icepics
I'm not able to send a pm to someone unless they're already on my list of friends. If I type in a name and click on select, the box just closes. Thanks for responding to the other glitches we've had.

Also, my profile is showing ads for a recliner, a camera, and a sofa - for the bargain price of $9mil, 999thou... and 99cents! I'm not kidding! - just had to laugh, after I did a double take. Either that's a bug, or somene's selling some spectacular furniture!! :lol:

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228975 by Baydream
Heard you needed new furniture :P
I'd negotiate the prices, though.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228986 by icepics
I do need a new couch but might go instead to the home of the cheap furniture dancers - those presidential dancers are the best! - maybe they'll be back on tv for Memorial Day. LOL

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #230141 by KCook

Alex wrote:

Baydream wrote:

CWphotos wrote: OK...I sized/cropped an image to the right size for a background photo, and proceeded to make the change. I followed directions...removed it, and tried again.The resuting image was still stretched beyond recognition. Anyone else having success? :(

Once you have the image selected, click on it and a crop box should appear. Move it to where you want it and click. Hop ethat works for you. It did for me.

:goodpost:

I cropped and sized a shot to fit the panorama background. The upload went Ok. Saw the crop edit tool, dragging the right edge the full distance to the right did "correct" the horizontal blur. So the background picture appears correctly. But still no joy on the IQ. The uploaded shot, as it appeared in the Profile edit window, was plenty sharp. But the "published" version that folks actually see on my profile has lost a lot of its sharpness. So wut is the trick for keeping sharpness in the published version?!?!

blinky

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 10 months ago #231983 by icepics
Bump, and I still can't get a PM to work, when I type in a user name the box closes and doesn't give me the option to type in a message or send.

Not that this is exactly urgent, but out of curiosity I clicked on the $9 million sofa, and it doesn't even go to an ad, it just opens a new window and goes to the main PT page.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #232001 by CWphotos

KCook wrote:

Alex wrote:

Baydream wrote:

CWphotos wrote: OK...I sized/cropped an image to the right size for a background photo, and proceeded to make the change. I followed directions...removed it, and tried again.The resuting image was still stretched beyond recognition. Anyone else having success? :(

Once you have the image selected, click on it and a crop box should appear. Move it to where you want it and click. Hop ethat works for you. It did for me.

:goodpost:

I cropped and sized a shot to fit the panorama background. The upload went Ok. Saw the crop edit tool, dragging the right edge the full distance to the right did "correct" the horizontal blur. So the background picture appears correctly. But still no joy on the IQ. The uploaded shot, as it appeared in the Profile edit window, was plenty sharp. But the "published" version that folks actually see on my profile has lost a lot of its sharpness. So wut is the trick for keeping sharpness in the published version?!?!

blinky

You might have figured things out since this post, but just in case: The image size for the 'header' ( that's what I decided to call it! lol ), is 845px X 240px. I found it out by right-clicking on the image.

BTW...I looked at your image, and think it looks fine...we all understand. Of course, the whole image in your Zen album looks wonderful, in comparison!

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCook
11 years 10 months ago #232102 by Baydream
System has been terribly slow when trying to upload photos (104kb is the largest) and inserted photos are not showing up,Have tried numerous times.
www.photographytalk.com/forum/editing-an...hat-to-charge#232084

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #232103 by Alex
testing photo upload

[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\Schult.jpg[/attachment]

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #232105 by Alex
Thanks for the notice, I've sent notice to programmers. Stay tuned!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #232110 by Baydream
Thanks, Alex.

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #232170 by KCook
Tell the programmers that if they fail, they will be locked in a room with Kai :toocrazy:

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 10 months ago #232232 by Baydream

KCook wrote: Tell the programmers that if they fail, they will be locked in a room with Kai :toocrazy:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #232236 by Baydream
Got the photos to load using Chrome. Usually use Firefox.
On Chrome, I get a flash of this

before the post appears.
At times when the Firefox post fails, I end on this screen. Seems to time out. The largest of the four photos is 104KB.

This time it worked using Firefox but that's the first time this morning.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
11 years 10 months ago #232253 by rtenny
testing photo upload FF

Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024