Please post bugs in this thread

11 years 11 months ago #226450 by Bob Eaton
Hi Alex! Tried to post four photos of a scorpion, but only three went full size and one was an attachment!!!!!! However, I saw 5 photos from a football game posted full size. Any ideas why? thanks!

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
11 years 11 months ago #226482 by Baydream

Bob Eaton wrote: Hi Alex! Tried to post four photos of a scorpion, but only three went full size and one was an attachment!!!!!! However, I saw 5 photos from a football game posted full size. Any ideas why? thanks!

Could it be the TOTAL size of the photos has a limit in a post? The one with 5 could have been smaller when added together. Just an educated (or uneducated) guess.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #227433 by icepics
I'm still finding that the reply pages on here don't seem to load properly. The reply section runs off the right side of the page so I can't see everything I'm typing - as it shifts to where I'm typing the left side of what I just typed isn't viewable. I'm on Internet Explorer. I tried resizing the type on my page on my laptop but it didn't help.

I noticed on the main page of the Forum that if a user's name is long it gets cut off on the right side too. It seems like it might be somehow because of the left column that shows users' names and avatars and now shows My Photos etc. That box is wider than it used to be so maybe somehow on IE the size of the columns don't fit.

I'm still wondering too if we'll have the option to not have the Like It Share It feature so we can choose if we want to allow others to post our photos on various social media.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #227475 by Baydream
Sharon - Have your tried Firefox or Chrome as a test? I have not had any issue with FF.

i agree on the Share issue.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #227478 by PhotographyTalk

icepics wrote: I'm still finding that the reply pages on here don't seem to load properly. The reply section runs off the right side of the page so I can't see everything I'm typing - as it shifts to where I'm typing the left side of what I just typed isn't viewable. I'm on Internet Explorer. I tried resizing the type on my page on my laptop but it didn't help.

I noticed on the main page of the Forum that if a user's name is long it gets cut off on the right side too. It seems like it might be somehow because of the left column that shows users' names and avatars and now shows My Photos etc. That box is wider than it used to be so maybe somehow on IE the size of the columns don't fit.

I'm still wondering too if we'll have the option to not have the Like It Share It feature so we can choose if we want to allow others to post our photos on various social media.

Hi there,

I'm logged into Explorer and not seeing what you are speaking off. Can you clear your cookies and cache please? Regarding the share feature, that's something we are already looking into. We have a few items ahead of that, but it's on the list of items to see if we can do. ;)

Alex

11 years 11 months ago #227539 by mattmoran
Date "Taken" in gallery is wrong?

I uploaded some pictures today that I took yesterday. I exported the files from Lightroom today, so the "date created" on the file is indeed today. However, if you check the EXIF data, the "Date Time Digitized" and "Date Time Original" both list yesterday's date.

Here's a link to one of the pictures: www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...20826#photoid=200708

As you can see the date listed in Gallery is May 16, 2012. However the EXIF data lists:
Date Time Digitized: 2012:05:15 13:31:13
Date Time Original: 2012:05:15 13:31:13

Any thoughts?

P.S. Are there any plans to extract location information from photos uploaded to the gallery?

-Matt
11 years 11 months ago #227541 by Baydream
I guess since not all photos (scanned or "stripped") have taken dates, it uses the uploaded date. That's my guess.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #227549 by CWphotos
Has anyone else had trouble logging in to PT? I tried six or seven times, from different locations, and had no luck; I closed my browser, then opened it again...this time I decided to try a back door. I clicked on Galleries, create new album, and was able to log in from there. I think I will just stay logged in, now! :unsure:

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #227570 by icepics
The other day I did, and so did at least one other person, but I was able to log in as usual today, so I thought it was just a temporary glitch.

I appreciate the suggestions. Thanks Alex for the response, good to know it's on the list!

Edit - it was the compatibility setting...

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #227588 by John Landolfi
I'll add again the request to move those camera ads to the side of the profile page? Please???

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #227603 by rtenny

Bob Eaton wrote: Hi Alex! Tried to post four photos of a scorpion, but only three went full size and one was an attachment!!!!!! However, I saw 5 photos from a football game posted full size. Any ideas why? thanks!

What is the sizes of these images? We have increased the upload size to 8MB that should normally be enough. (I thought)

Did you add them to the gallery on your profile? Or did you uploaded into the Forum?

11 years 11 months ago #227604 by rtenny

CWphotos wrote: Has anyone else had trouble logging in to PT? I tried six or seven times, from different locations, and had no luck; I closed my browser, then opened it again...this time I decided to try a back door. I clicked on Galleries, create new album, and was able to log in from there. I think I will just stay logged in, now! :unsure:

We are aware about problem with logging in. As these problems are not consistent we need a bit longer to track them down. We are working as fast as we can to get this fixed.

Thanks for your patience.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CWphotos
11 years 11 months ago #227636 by CWphotos

rtenny wrote:

CWphotos wrote: Has anyone else had trouble logging in to PT? I tried six or seven times, from different locations, and had no luck; I closed my browser, then opened it again...this time I decided to try a back door. I clicked on Galleries, create new album, and was able to log in from there. I think I will just stay logged in, now! :unsure:

We are aware about problem with logging in. As these problems are not consistent we need a bit longer to track them down. We are working as fast as we can to get this fixed.

Thanks for your patience.

If I had seen the ****( heads-up message ), yesterday, before I posted, I wouldn't have needed to post at all! I DO appologize, and Thank You for your patience! ......no problem at all, today! :)

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
11 years 11 months ago #227874 by rtenny

CWphotos wrote: If I had seen the ****( heads-up message ), yesterday, before I posted, I wouldn't have needed to post at all! I DO appologize, and Thank You for your patience! ......no problem at all, today! :)

Glad to see that you had no problems with logging in. We have made several changes and everybody should be able to log in now with no problem.

11 years 11 months ago #227973 by John Landolfi
Could you address the issues I raised, concerning obtrusive camera ads in the middle of the Profile page, and navigating the Galleries? Even if is to say you don't plan to do anything about them? It would be good to at least know. Thanks

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024