Please post bugs in this thread

11 years 9 months ago #237060 by Baydream
It appears that from your private message area, you can only send to friends.
If you Search the Community and use Real Name, you can message from there.
If you click on the screen name on a forum post, you can message from there.

Sharon, which screen are you using?

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #237194 by icepics
I'd tred the screen name on the forum post, and tried to send from my private messages. I can try searching the Community, but this is getting frustrating to have only one way it might work, and anytime I want to use it to try to remember which one works now, since the private message page doesn't anymore.

Thanks John for the assist. edit - That worked.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #239794 by Dori
Why??

Did this not work? Long time poster....

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

11 years 9 months ago #239835 by Baydream

Dori wrote: Why??

Did this not work? Long time poster....

I added this comment to the thread

It appears there is a space in the title. I'm guessing that is the issue.

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252044 by icepics
What happened since this afternoon??? LOL All was fine on the site..... now all of a sudden there's a bar along the bottom and even when I click the x it pops up when I go to the next page. It's too big for my laptop screen, cuts off what I'm trying to read and half of what's on the bar is cut off so I can't read it anyway. It's beyond annoying, please please make it go away...

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252052 by Baydream

icepics wrote: Well I'm not sure how to describe what's going on with mine (and don't know how to do a screen shot...). Earlier when I posted the whole page fritzed out and I mostly got red X's where parts of the page didn't load, then I couldn't get on anything other than the main page. It just seems like it isn't loading properly, I use Internet Explorer.

I've seen other users' pages that show up as a partial photo covered with an ad like John L. mentioned, and it shows the photo was taken 42 years ago. (I'm not making this up!)

Must be new design. Had to click the X to make the bar go away. Very intrusive with no real value. True, it is very laptop unfriendly.

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252061 by icepics
Yeah and my laptop is fairly new but one of the smaller more lightweight, compact ones so the screen's even smaller. Which makes those type features even more in the way.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252063 by Alex

Baydream wrote:

icepics wrote: Well I'm not sure how to describe what's going on with mine (and don't know how to do a screen shot...). Earlier when I posted the whole page fritzed out and I mostly got red X's where parts of the page didn't load, then I couldn't get on anything other than the main page. It just seems like it isn't loading properly, I use Internet Explorer.

I've seen other users' pages that show up as a partial photo covered with an ad like John L. mentioned, and it shows the photo was taken 42 years ago. (I'm not making this up!)

Must be new design. Had to click the X to make the bar go away. Very intrusive with no real value. True, it is very laptop unfriendly.

Plenty of value with it John... recent articles, reviews, top trending photos ;) Many of these articles and reviews people won't see from other areas of the site. This shows top 3 of each.

We are testing new tools for the site. I have turned it off as I found minor bug in it. We've been testing on screens as small as 15" to 27" and iPad and cell phones. Icepics... what size screen do you have there? Also... when you click on the "X" that should make the window disappear for as long as you have your browser open.

Anyway... appreciate your feedback, I'll most likely put a thread together here in a bit to get a poll of what people thought of it. :patriot:

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252081 by Baydream
I choose a 12 inch screen for portability. As long as the X kills it, it is OK. I know its more ad space. Have not tried it on my tablet.

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252087 by Alex

Baydream wrote: I choose a 12 inch screen for portability. As long as the X kills it, it is OK. I know its more ad space. Have not tried it on my tablet.

Actually the single Google ad was a last minute toss in this afternoon because the original recommended book module kept causing the site to crash when we flipped the switch. Murphy's law for you! So rather than having a void in space we placed the Google ad in there for a place holder.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252689 by John Landolfi
I wondefr if anyone elseis having the following problems:

The back button doesn't work after posting on a thread.

Photos don't open fully, but only partially at the top.

Anyone? :rolleyes

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252870 by John Landolfi
Need to BUMP this. The probl;em is really annoying, since I can't see, let alone comment on anyone's photos. PLEASE???

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252897 by icepics
I'm not experiencing exactly the same thing as you John L. but if I go back, it goes to Recent Topics instead of the main Forum page.

The new pop up bar didn't stop popping up when I clicked on the X, it would continue to pop up every time I clicked on another topic. It was annoying and frustrating as it was, instead of being helpful or interesting, glad it's being worked on.

I may have mentioned that I noticed LIke It, Share It was gone but the icons are still there, and Pinterest is an actve link even if you're not logged in; I don't think that enables board users to protect their photos if they don't want others to take their photos and post them on social media sites.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252900 by Safyia
I discoverd two bugs today.

The first one happened during registration, I filled in the form, but accidentaly filled in my username as "B". After registration I received an email, welcoming me in photographytalk, but I could not Log in with my credentials. After a few tries, trying also the "forgotten password", which claimed, my mail adress is not registred, I registred again, but this time I entered "Safyia" as my username. I completed the registration, followed by an email and a succesful log in.

Second one happend when I was Browsing galleries. I filled in a Location in the gallery search and I've got an
RROR: 500
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'pdata.location'
This followed by the sql select statement. If I let the Location field empty, ewerything worked.
;)

11 years 7 months ago #253517 by icepics
Now instead of a pop-up we seem to have a pop down - it's a welcome and sign in with Facebook, which is across the tops of photos or people's comments in the Forum that I'm trying to look at and read. According to this thread it's been five months... hope we're about done with all the changes and glitches.

Sharon
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024