What is the newest piece of Photography equipment you have bought?

12 years 9 months ago #114589 by Stealthy Ninja
Nikon 105 2.8 micro. I owned the Sigma 150 2.8 OS Macro for about an hour but took it back because I found the Nikon instead.

Also I got a gt3531 tripod with gh3780qr ballhead kit.

This is actually perfect for me as it is fairly tall, yet much lighter than my current aluminium one.
12 years 9 months ago #114707 by Dave Burburry
Would a $19 lens cleaning kit count?

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #114741 by chasrich
Star filter set... 4,6 and 8. Notify Hollywood - a star is born! :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #115105 by shesgawncountry
I bought this: photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/pop-up-flash-bounce/

haven't tested it much yet. First test wasn't true...bedroom I was in is SMALL and has orangey walls so the light bounced back an orange cast...eww

but PhotoJoJo is a cool site and has neat products. Plus you get a free plastic dinosaur with your order ...RAWWWR!

12 years 9 months ago #115107 by shesgawncountry

haggis wrote: Just bought one of the 64 LED lights from 7dayshop. Great alternative to a flash for close work. I used it on a couple of baby shoots recently and it was less distracting for them than a flash going off.
Also means you can experiment a lot more with camera settings when you don't have to consider sync speeds.
Next test will be first dance at a wedding where guests flashes are a nuisance.

How do you like it? Can you give me a link to it on 7dayshop or the name of the product. I could really use something less distracting for baby shoots than the pop up flash on my Canon t1i. TY!

12 years 9 months ago #115109 by shesgawncountry

lucky1one wrote: I got this high tech modifier called KFCorignialrecipe7000. It's a microwavable container that I got for free from Kentucky Fried Chicken. I simply cut a hole in the back and sandwiched a piece of shower curtain material inside the lid. :P

Color me ignorant but why did you do this? I presume as a diffuser but as I am uneducated in the world of "real flash" photography (the pop up one doesnt count I hear) I am curious as to what effect this achieves. And will it work over my pop up flash on my Canon T1i? I have like 5 of these containers at home B)

12 years 9 months ago #115111 by shesgawncountry

fotozone wrote: extension tubes and a Camera bag

Can you elaborate on what extension tubes are and what they are for? I'm learning so much about equipment in this forum!!! THANKS FOLKS I'm so happy I could dance :-) :banana:

12 years 9 months ago #115390 by Fitch
Just ordered one of those Joby Gorilla pods

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #115464 by Rob pix4u2
Replaced my Cokin A series filter holder and picked up the repair parts for the tripod collar of my 300mm lens

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 8 months ago #119073 by chasrich
Kenko Extension Tube set... Bring on the little bugs!

12mm, 20mm and 36mm with contacts. I hated my cheap set. It pays to buy the best on this item. I can already see the difference and I like it!

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #119076 by Dori
You snot!!! :drool:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 8 months ago #119080 by butterflygirl921
a tripod :woohoo:

12 years 8 months ago #119083 by djohnson45
50 mm 1.4 Nikon Lens. Had one years ago with film. Just decided I wanted another one. Used it on a wedding recently and was well pleased. Don't do many wedding. This was a special friend.

12 years 8 months ago #119085 by djohnson45
D3/D700 replacements are set to announce August 24 if details don't leak out sooner.

12 years 8 months ago #119087 by chasrich

Dori wrote: You snot!!! :drool:

And I was thinking of loaning you the first set... You interested girl?

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024