Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 1 week ago #222457 by rtenny

Bob Eaton wrote: When I put up photos, I don`t see any points listed.

I just created an album (got one point) and uploaded 2 photos and also got the points.
Could you please try again and let me know if it still does not work.

12 years 1 week ago #222509 by Baydream

icepics wrote: I've noticed posts turning up in threads where it looks like they may have been meant to be posted elsewhere. In General Discussion I noticed topics being discussed at the end of last week have bumped back maybe three pages, and there are lots of posts from a month ago back up to the first page. Makes it hard to follow up on a discussion, since they're not in order and back too many pages to remember the title and find them again.

I still wonder too about the photos when you click on a thumbnail and it gets enlarged, as mentioned it doesn't always look that good the way people sized it to be posted; and I think we should have the option whether or not we want to enable other people to post our photos on social media sites (I'd want to make the choice as to which of my photos may be posted elsewhere).

A lot of threads get into the Lounge because people for get to drop down the category box and Lounge is the "default". Every so often (but not enough), I check the category to see it there are obvious errors.
Each time a post is made, that thread comes to the top of the recent posts so yes week old items can drop quickly. If you click the My Topics button, you will see only those you have posted to.
IfI have one I want to follow, I Subscribe and get emails each time it is updated. Hopefully there will be a way to access that list within PT.

I agree on the "social media" buttons. I now only post well watermarked low res shots to the galleries unless it's one I don't care about. In threads, I only post low res (they don't display as nicely but that's just the way it is right now).

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #222613 by icepics
I wondered if it was a glitch because there were so many from a month ago... of course if people search a topic they could post in an older thread and it would move forward, just was maybe an odd coincidence to have so many at once.

I may try using My Topics more, it still comes up with threads I haven't posted in but it narrows it down at least. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #222715 by SABZ
I am having trouble uploading my pics :unsure: It takes so long:whistle: and some wont even down load.

12 years 1 week ago #222824 by CWphotos
OK...I sized/cropped an image to the right size for a background photo, and proceeded to make the change. I followed directions...removed it, and tried again.The resuting image was still stretched beyond recognition. Anyone else having success? :(

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
12 years 1 week ago #222846 by John Landolfi
I'm not sure this is a bug- perhaps I just need a tutorial on how to manage my albuns in this new environment. I used to be able to access the photos in an album, rearrange them, change the album cover, etc. If I click "Edit Album", I only access the album description, and I seem to be able to remove an individual photo, but not rearrange the photos, or rename them. Are procedures written somewhere? Or, at least, a description of what one can do?

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #223195 by Baydream

CWphotos wrote: OK...I sized/cropped an image to the right size for a background photo, and proceeded to make the change. I followed directions...removed it, and tried again.The resuting image was still stretched beyond recognition. Anyone else having success? :(

Once you have the image selected, click on it and a crop box should appear. Move it to where you want it and click. Hop ethat works for you. It did for me.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: CWphotos
12 years 1 week ago #223199 by Alex

SABZ wrote: I am having trouble uploading my pics :unsure: It takes so long:whistle: and some wont even down load.

Please confirm that these photos are under 8MB in size ;)

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #223200 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: I'm not sure this is a bug- perhaps I just need a tutorial on how to manage my albuns in this new environment. I used to be able to access the photos in an album, rearrange them, change the album cover, etc. If I click "Edit Album", I only access the album description, and I seem to be able to remove an individual photo, but not rearrange the photos, or rename them. Are procedures written somewhere? Or, at least, a description of what one can do?

Hi John,

Once all the dust settles and things are in the right place... new tutorials outlining the entire site will be drafted. Stay tuned my friend!

Alex

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #223203 by Alex

Baydream wrote:

CWphotos wrote: OK...I sized/cropped an image to the right size for a background photo, and proceeded to make the change. I followed directions...removed it, and tried again.The resuting image was still stretched beyond recognition. Anyone else having success? :(

Once you have the image selected, click on it and a crop box should appear. Move it to where you want it and click. Hop ethat works for you. It did for me.

:goodpost:

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #224004 by CWphotos

Alex wrote:

Baydream wrote:

:goodpost:

Thank you...I will try again! :)

12 years 1 week ago #224009 by CWphotos
:( I am doing something wrong...the image is horrid! Sorry for being so much trouble...I'm not very apt when it comes to following directions on the computer. Maybe I shouldn't have sized the image to the correct length & height for the 'header' first?

12 years 1 week ago #224018 by Travel Nut

CWphotos wrote: :( I am doing something wrong...the image is horrid! Sorry for being so much trouble...I'm not very apt when it comes to following directions on the computer. Maybe I shouldn't have sized the image to the correct length & height for the 'header' first?

I just looked at your main shot and it looks pretty good. I'm going to customize mine now. BRB

12 years 1 week ago #224019 by Travel Nut
Yep, no issues at all. Uploaded image----> clicked on edit and moved the crop to where I wanted
> clicked save and the screen refreshed with the photo looking like it should. :thumbsup:

The following user(s) said Thank You: rtenny
12 years 1 week ago #224022 by CWphotos

Travel Nut wrote:

CWphotos wrote: :( I am doing something wrong...the image is horrid! Sorry for being so much trouble...I'm not very apt when it comes to following directions on the computer. Maybe I shouldn't have sized the image to the correct length & height for the 'header' first?

I just looked at your main shot and it looks pretty good. I'm going to customize mine now. BRB

:rofl: OK...Thank you for this post, cause I went back just now to my profile page, and it looks fine!!! Some little elf must have gone in and fixed it!!! :rofl:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024