Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 1 week ago #224027 by Travel Nut

CWphotos wrote:

Travel Nut wrote:

CWphotos wrote: :( I am doing something wrong...the image is horrid! Sorry for being so much trouble...I'm not very apt when it comes to following directions on the computer. Maybe I shouldn't have sized the image to the correct length & height for the 'header' first?

I just looked at your main shot and it looks pretty good. I'm going to customize mine now. BRB

:rofl: OK...Thank you for this post, cause I went back just now to my profile page, and it looks fine!!! Some little elf must have gone in and fixed it!!! :rofl:

:thumbsup:

12 years 1 week ago #224057 by PhotographyTalk
In case you miss the new thread I just posted:

"FYI... we have removed the suggested friends and latest members in your profile and replaced with a window displaying your friends. It seems the system has not cached the correct "look" you might need to refresh the page once if things look wacky.

Alex"

12 years 1 week ago #224074 by John Landolfi
Kudos on substituting the "Friends" box! Now, maybe, move those camera ads to the right side column? Please. Oh, and on "Pointless Points", my total has suddenly become frozen, and nothing I've posted in the last two days has registered. Anyone else?:woohoo:

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #224141 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: Kudos on substituting the "Friends" box! Now, maybe, move those camera ads to the right side column? Please. Oh, and on "Pointless Points", my total has suddenly become frozen, and nothing I've posted in the last two days has registered. Anyone else?:woohoo:

I'll check on the points situation... stay tuned.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #224148 by rtenny

CWphotos wrote:

Travel Nut wrote:

CWphotos wrote: :( I am doing something wrong...the image is horrid! Sorry for being so much trouble...I'm not very apt when it comes to following directions on the computer. Maybe I shouldn't have sized the image to the correct length & height for the 'header' first?

I just looked at your main shot and it looks pretty good. I'm going to customize mine now. BRB

:rofl: OK...Thank you for this post, cause I went back just now to my profile page, and it looks fine!!! Some little elf must have gone in and fixed it!!! :rofl:

Maybe it was the caching of your browser, Some (especially Chrome) cache images heavily to give the impression of being faster then other browsers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CWphotos
12 years 1 week ago #224151 by rtenny

John Landolfi wrote: Kudos on substituting the "Friends" box! Now, maybe, move those camera ads to the right side column? Please. Oh, and on "Pointless Points", my total has suddenly become frozen, and nothing I've posted in the last two days has registered. Anyone else?:woohoo:

Hi John, just checking the points now, Will keep you all posted.

12 years 1 week ago #224161 by rtenny
The points are working again now.

12 years 1 week ago #224311 by John Landolfi
I just tried to upload a photo for my profile,but, again, all I can seem to do is move the too narrow strip up or down, but not horizontally crop it. It still tries to make a pano shot out of something that isn't. The profile now has four separate images, that are not distorted or mutilated. Can I upload four of mine in the same format?:)

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #224312 by John Landolfi

John Landolfi wrote: I just tried to upload a photo for my profile,but, again, all I can seem to do is move the too narrow strip up or down, but not horizontally crop it. It still tries to make a pano shot out of something that isn't. The profile now has four separate images, that are not distorted or mutilated. Can I upload four of mine in the same format?:)

Oh yeah: and those camera ads in the middle of the profile page?

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #224363 by sree2472

John Landolfi wrote:

John Landolfi wrote: I just tried to upload a photo for my profile,but, again, all I can seem to do is move the too narrow strip up or down, but not horizontally crop it. It still tries to make a pano shot out of something that isn't. The profile now has four separate images, that are not distorted or mutilated. Can I upload four of mine in the same format?:)

Oh yeah: and those camera ads in the middle of the profile page?

I do find the ads of three cameras, which are placed in middle of the my profile page, sticking out like a sore thumb. Can I make a suggestion to the ideal place for placing those camera ads? If yes, then my suggestion is to place those cameras below or above the top photopoint earners column. As the ads comprise of three cameras only, I feel that is the best place to place those cameras and make the my profile page look better and less cluttered.

Another thing as a group admin am I not allowed to post comments on the group wall? I need advice on that?

Regards
Sree Lakshmi

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 1 week ago #224558 by John Landolfi
This isn't a new bug, just an old one carried forward. I would like to sell my Nikon D3, since I just bought a D3s. In the Digital Camera section of the classifieds, there are 194 pages detailing KEH's inventory of DSLR's. Now, I support and am a customer of theirs, several times, so I certaily welcome their presence on PT. But filling the Classifieds with their stock makes it completely useless for us, since no one will slog through 194 pages, and, perhaps, eventually, get to a single member ad.
Suggestion. Add a "Members Classifieds" section which we can use to communicate the availability of equipment for sale, or to find somtheing we are looking for.
Now, THAT would be useful.....!:watching:

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #224603 by icepics
We seem to be getting the bugs worked out, but since we're mentioning needs/suggestions, maybe sometime the Forum could be looked at - a few topic areas haven't been used recently (Leah has been looking for that Pentax flash for a some time now LOL) and threads seem to get somewhat lost in the General section of Display/Critique or under General Discussion.

And I would still like to see us have the option on here whether or not to allow our photos to be shared by others on the various social media.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #224663 by John Landolfi
:thumbsup: Hear, hear!.
Just repeating about the Classifieds!:woohoo:

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #224754 by John Landolfi
Bump!

Photo Comments
12 years 5 days ago #225624 by CWphotos
There seems to be an error in the data for an image I posted. It's a scan from my film days, taken with a Pentax SLR, but it indicates that it was taken with a Nikon? :huh: I don't own a Nikon.

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024