Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 4 weeks ago #217905 by icepics
John S. - I was able to see your latest album and it showed that it was recent, but I've seen that too where it shows things updated 42 years ago (wasn't just your albums).

I was able though to see the photos without yet being logged in, and if I clicked on a thumbnail it would enlarge that photo and prompt 'Like it? Share it!' - with options such as Facebook, Pinterest etc. where I'd be able to post someone else's photos.

The right-click was supposedly disabled but I could do that even without being logged in.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #217938 by John Landolfi

Alex wrote:

John Landolfi wrote: Good to know, Sharon. But I SPOKE TOO SOON!!!!! My profile page is messed up again, back the way my hallucination saw it. And I repeat with Sharon that the box with "People I may know..." is USELESS, almost as useless as the similar box on Facebook that is being imitated. But THEY DON'T PUT IT ACROSS MY PAGE! IT'S ON THE SIDE, TOGETHER WITH ALL THE ADS. YES?????!!!!!!
I realize the huge project you have undertaken, so I'll wait till you can get to it, as long as you don't think the problem solved.

THANKS!!!!!!!

Don't worry John... we are far from done. Big pieces are in place, now we are moving to button up everything. "People you may know" will be fine tuned. John... we are a social network for photographers... so this tool once tuned, will pair up different photographers based on a number of factors. Thank you.

Thanks, Alex. Of course, I understand you are working very hard on a monumental job, and I commend you for tne great effort. I have no objection to the "people you may know" feature, just to the obtrusive placement of the box. And I understand thaty advertising makes all this possible, but ads for cameras I have nothing to do with don't need to be intruding on my profile page, impairing its appearance,functionality, and usefulness. There is lots of space on the right, where these things appeared in the earlier version, and where they are in, say, FB.
We'll stay tuned. And, thanks again for listening!

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #218006 by rtenny

icepics wrote: John S. - I was able to see your latest album and it showed that it was recent, but I've seen that too where it shows things updated 42 years ago (wasn't just your albums).

I was able though to see the photos without yet being logged in, and if I clicked on a thumbnail it would enlarge that photo and prompt 'Like it? Share it!' - with options such as Facebook, Pinterest etc. where I'd be able to post someone else's photos.

The right-click was supposedly disabled but I could do that even without being logged in.

oh dear, the ability to right click slipped back in when I tried to improve the loading speed of this page.
Its back in now and no right click should be possible on that page.

Ralf

12 years 4 weeks ago #218012 by rtenny

Baydream wrote:

John Landolfi wrote:

John Landolfi wrote:

Alex wrote:

icepics wrote: Internet Explorer.

John is that what you are using too? I'm near 100% certain this is a bug found only in Explorer. Regardless we're on it!

Yes, I am. I found a formatting problem earlier, because it was running in Compatibility mode. The problem was fixed when I turned that off.

And I just switched that on and off, but it's MUCH worse if I turn it on again.
And, I know you don't find enough hours in the day to do what ypou need to roght now, but I am really not asking for personal preferences. What I describe seems to fit the definition of "bug". The issue of a search option on the Galleries can be raised later,for sure. Thanks for your help

John - site issues with IE do not seem to be limited to PT. For some reasons, very specific coding is needed for IE and does not always play well with other browsers. (Fix it for IE and then have to fix again for all the others.)
I avoid IE and using both Firefox and Chrome and rarely have issues. I have found a very limited # of sites that require IE and only use it on those. MS programmers also seem to have more time to build in funky stuff into there products, causing issues and adding bulk to their products. Just my solution but may work for you until the IE issues can be sorted out.

Yes IE is very temperamental but we still need to fix it as its still a very common browser. I am working on this.

12 years 4 weeks ago #218013 by deemarie
Now it may have been me (operator malfunction!), but I started a lens topic and I could sware I put it in the "lens" thread! Any way to check that? Sorry if it was my error:banana:

deemarie
12 years 4 weeks ago #218174 by Baydream

deemarie wrote: Now it may have been me (operator malfunction!), but I started a lens topic and I could sware I put it in the "lens" thread! Any way to check that? Sorry if it was my error:banana:

I found it in "The Lounge" and moved it to Lenses. Lounge is the default and lots of stuff gets there by mistake.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #218176 by Baydream
Having a terrible time changing my profile background. Load a new photo and try to crop to fit. Usually it doesn't let me but when it does, it sets a crop area that can be moved but not expanded (even to the correct ratio). Finally got one loaded after 15 minutes but still not happy with the crop. I see Charles (chasrich) tried and ended with a distorted image (like mine was until I beat it to death).

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #218192 by Baydream
Messages.
My inbox also seems to be my sent box.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #218241 by sree2472
While this might not be a bug, I would like to point out that there is a double inclusion of latest members. One is placed at the side of the website where it used to be and the other is right next to my profile photo and details of which camera I use. I believe we could do away with the one which is next to profile details. It would be also better to do away with the people you know or have similar equipment. With the inclusion of photos, activities, friends and groups details the profile page looks too cluttered. Thanks and regards, Sree

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 4 weeks ago #218247 by Stealthy Ninja
Can't get it to work on my home computer at all, here's a screen shot:

Ah "ha" ha.
12 years 4 weeks ago #218324 by Baydream
LOL. bump

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #218422 by Bob Eaton
I noticed that the points on my profile don`t match the number on my articles. :ohmy:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
12 years 3 weeks ago #218451 by sree2472
I noticed that the points on my profile are way too less than it used to be.

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 3 weeks ago #218454 by sree2472
I noticed that the points in my profile are way too less than what it used to be. Also there is the difference of points shown on profile page and in the forum.

12 years 3 weeks ago #218468 by Baydream
The profile page and the tag under your avatar seem to be picking up data from different sources. I'm sure they will figure that out. Remember that the points don't mean anything at this point.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024