Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #220129 by icepics
I thought I read that the background issue was fixed but I just tried it - I mean the photo that goes all the way across the top of our profile page. I put a photo on to try it out, it was so stretched out I decided to remove it and accidently removed my avatar (profile pic). I finally was able to remove the background photo so it went back to the default; but when I tried again if you click on change the background it then goes to change profile picture.

There's another thread going now where people who haven't been on here recently are having problems or expressing concerns but I'm not sure where I saw it (I'm wondering about having the option to not have our photos shared on the various networking sites).

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #220138 by icepics
OK I spoke too soon, the background image that I'd deleted didn't delete after all, the stretched out photo I'd tried to remove is still on my page. Guess it needs looking at.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #220182 by Baydream

icepics wrote: OK I spoke too soon, the background image that I'd deleted didn't delete after all, the stretched out photo I'd tried to remove is still on my page. Guess it needs looking at.

Think there is still a problem with "sizing" photos. I managed to change mine after about 1/2 hour (and deleted my avatar) but found you have to be very careful which tab (underlined item) is highlighted. It seems to return to change back after functions, so you end up changing something you didn't want to. I had to exit the profile and return several times.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #220216 by rtenny

Baydream wrote:

icepics wrote: OK I spoke too soon, the background image that I'd deleted didn't delete after all, the stretched out photo I'd tried to remove is still on my page. Guess it needs looking at.

Think there is still a problem with "sizing" photos. I managed to change mine after about 1/2 hour (and deleted my avatar) but found you have to be very careful which tab (underlined item) is highlighted. It seems to return to change back after functions, so you end up changing something you didn't want to. I had to exit the profile and return several times.

Thanks for the info. I will recheck the profile background. We have done several improvements there recently and hope its now easier to get your own profile background up.

12 years 2 weeks ago #220297 by rtenny

Baydream wrote:

I fixed the issue that the profile images is removed instead of the background image.

12 years 2 weeks ago #220432 by icepics
Thanks, when I looked at my Profile page it was set the way I'd tried to adjust it earlier in the day, so that looks good.

I noticed I don't see a way to send a message other than to someone who is already on my Friends list. Don't know if I'm missing something?

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #220582 by John Landolfi
Hearing that the profile background issue was fixed, I tried to put one of my shots up. Something did go up. but it looked like Torquemada had his way with it on the rack. Why does a single one of my shots have to be stretched to fit the space now occupied by three?. Why not let me post three images that represent my work instead of three that have nothing to do with it? I'm staying tuned....

PS Again, I wonder why there have to be camera ads in the body of my page? Why can't they be positioned in the right margin, as well as the "people I may know" box?

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #220629 by Baydream
John -
Once you have added your background photo, click the little Edit background link above it. That will provide a crop box. They are working on being able to let you alter the size of the box (it defaults to full width). I am going to try to create a collage of photos and select that as my background to get multiple shots.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #220647 by John Landolfi

Baydream wrote: John -
Once you have added your background photo, click the little Edit background link above it. That will provide a crop box. They are working on being able to let you alter the size of the box (it defaults to full width). I am going to try to create a collage of photos and select that as my background to get multiple shots.

Yes, John, I did just that, with the result I referred to above. I hope they figure out how to alter the size of the crop, without requiring your inventive workaround. or perhaps, to allow replacing each of the background shots separately.
Anything on my other complaints?....

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #220816 by sree2472
Hi

I am not sure whether this is a bug, but this is what happened few minutes back. I started a new group for bridge cameras recently and today someone joined the group and put a comment on the wall. Thinking of welcoming the new member, I also typed a comment and when i clicked the post comment, i got the message "permission denied". I tried adding a comment on some member's photo and that was accepted. I don't understand why am I denied permission to post comments when I am the admin of the group. I eventually sent the member a welcome message. Could someone help me on this? thanks

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 2 weeks ago #220841 by Vladimir
Hey guys, the site is great for me. Thanks for fixing all the earlier issues!

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #221151 by CWphotos
This is not a bug, but something that's bugging me. The (new ) larger images in the albums, though great for showing more detail in the horizontal images, have made most of the portrait oriented images look bad. When I sized them for posting, I made them smaller than the horizontals. I wish there was a way to delete and replace the few bad ones with larger file sizes, and not lose the comments. :dry:

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
12 years 2 weeks ago #222015 by Bob Eaton
When I put up photos, I don`t see any points listed.

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
12 years 2 weeks ago #222150 by Arkangel7x3
I have been having an issue when I post my post are missing and/or are not being processed and posted. An most are just texted base some times they work other times they wont

"If it's to good to be true best to shoot it again"
12 years 2 weeks ago #222372 by icepics
I've noticed posts turning up in threads where it looks like they may have been meant to be posted elsewhere. In General Discussion I noticed topics being discussed at the end of last week have bumped back maybe three pages, and there are lots of posts from a month ago back up to the first page. Makes it hard to follow up on a discussion, since they're not in order and back too many pages to remember the title and find them again.

I still wonder too about the photos when you click on a thumbnail and it gets enlarged, as mentioned it doesn't always look that good the way people sized it to be posted; and I think we should have the option whether or not we want to enable other people to post our photos on social media sites (I'd want to make the choice as to which of my photos may be posted elsewhere).

Sharon
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024