Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 1 month ago #217548 by rtenny

sree2472 wrote: I still find that on my photos page some albums have the graphic of a tilted camera instead of the photos selected for album cover. Can this be resolved please?

I will look at you album again and try to set the correct photo as the cover image.

12 years 1 month ago #217549 by rtenny

sree2472 wrote: I would like to point out to the thumbnails of photos under individual albums. When we place the cursor on the photo thumbnail at the top corner a tiny delete button turns up for a second or so. Can this be removed please? It is in such a dangerous spot as anyone in a hurry could click on it by mistake and inevitably delete the photo. Thanks

Don't worry about hitting it accidentally as there is a pop up windows that will ask you if you really want to delete it.

12 years 1 month ago #217554 by Baydream

rtenny wrote:

sree2472 wrote: I would like to point out to the thumbnails of photos under individual albums. When we place the cursor on the photo thumbnail at the top corner a tiny delete button turns up for a second or so. Can this be removed please? It is in such a dangerous spot as anyone in a hurry could click on it by mistake and inevitably delete the photo. Thanks

Don't worry about hitting it accidentally as there is a pop up windows that will ask you if you really want to delete it.

:agree: This worked very well for me. :thumbsup:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217558 by Baydream

John Landolfi wrote:

John Landolfi wrote:

Alex wrote:

icepics wrote: Internet Explorer.

John is that what you are using too? I'm near 100% certain this is a bug found only in Explorer. Regardless we're on it!

Yes, I am. I found a formatting problem earlier, because it was running in Compatibility mode. The problem was fixed when I turned that off.

And I just switched that on and off, but it's MUCH worse if I turn it on again.
And, I know you don't find enough hours in the day to do what ypou need to roght now, but I am really not asking for personal preferences. What I describe seems to fit the definition of "bug". The issue of a search option on the Galleries can be raised later,for sure. Thanks for your help

John - site issues with IE do not seem to be limited to PT. For some reasons, very specific coding is needed for IE and does not always play well with other browsers. (Fix it for IE and then have to fix again for all the others.)
I avoid IE and using both Firefox and Chrome and rarely have issues. I have found a very limited # of sites that require IE and only use it on those. MS programmers also seem to have more time to build in funky stuff into there products, causing issues and adding bulk to their products. Just my solution but may work for you until the IE issues can be sorted out.

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #217612 by John Landolfi
Wow! Most of my issues appear to have been fixed. Thanks all!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :cheers:

Just one more: I have Groups, Friends, Photos, Activities, but No Points. Not urgent, but....

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #217616 by icepics
Well John you weren't hallucinating, I saw the same thing a couple of times, I just couldn't remember what page or part of my Profile page I was on at the time. At least if it's been narrowed down to an issue w/Explorer that should help get it taken care of.

I could do without the list of people I might know too, it doesn't seem relevent as far as it being people with the same interests or anything as far as I can tell.

The feature to change the row of photos (it indicates it can be customized) doesn't seem to be working yet, but that doesn't seem as urgent to get done; it just would be nice to be able to change it (although I didn't take time today to try it again).

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217623 by Baydream

icepics wrote: The feature to change the row of photos (it indicates it can be customized) doesn't seem to be working yet, but that doesn't seem as urgent to get done; it just would be nice to be able to change it (although I didn't take time today to try it again).

I got it to work on mine. HOWEVER, it allowed ONE "Background" photo and stretched it to fit the area. I switched to a "sky shot" where only the stars are stretched. Need to know the size format to use.

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217676 by John Landolfi
Good to know, Sharon. But I SPOKE TOO SOON!!!!! My profile page is messed up again, back the way my hallucination saw it. And I repeat with Sharon that the box with "People I may know..." is USELESS, almost as useless as the similar box on Facebook that is being imitated. But THEY DON'T PUT IT ACROSS MY PAGE! IT'S ON THE SIDE, TOGETHER WITH ALL THE ADS. YES?????!!!!!!
I realize the huge project you have undertaken, so I'll wait till you can get to it, as long as you don't think the problem solved.

THANKS!!!!!!!

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217680 by deemarie
Noticed another bug , not sure if mentioned yet.

When clicking on someone else's photo to view, below it says "more from this user" but showed my albums underneath.

Happy bug killing!

deemarie
12 years 1 month ago #217681 by deemarie
And a q fr alex,

Should I delete the 4 album covers that are not mine? I avent done so because I I'd not want to lose pics for their propper owners!

deemarie
12 years 4 weeks ago #217813 by John Landolfi
We'll wait till Monday for resumption of bug chasing...

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #217830 by Baydream
Just posted an new album to galleries. Then tried to select Latest Albums. It did not show up (that may take time to index) but the first album said it was posted 1 year ago. All the others said they were created 42 years ago.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #217897 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: Good to know, Sharon. But I SPOKE TOO SOON!!!!! My profile page is messed up again, back the way my hallucination saw it. And I repeat with Sharon that the box with "People I may know..." is USELESS, almost as useless as the similar box on Facebook that is being imitated. But THEY DON'T PUT IT ACROSS MY PAGE! IT'S ON THE SIDE, TOGETHER WITH ALL THE ADS. YES?????!!!!!!
I realize the huge project you have undertaken, so I'll wait till you can get to it, as long as you don't think the problem solved.

THANKS!!!!!!!

Don't worry John... we are far from done. Big pieces are in place, now we are moving to button up everything. "People you may know" will be fine tuned. John... we are a social network for photographers... so this tool once tuned, will pair up different photographers based on a number of factors. Thank you.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #217898 by Alex

deemarie wrote: And a q fr alex,

Should I delete the 4 album covers that are not mine? I avent done so because I I'd not want to lose pics for their propper owners!

Thanks for your understanding and patience... our programmers will be back at this tomorrow. I'm sending them a quick email to check into what you are talking about. Stay tuned for their response.

:patriot:

Alex

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #217899 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote: We'll wait till Monday for resumption of bug chasing...

I promise they will be back at it. Today (Sunday) was holiday as you know. ;)

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024