Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 3 weeks ago #218473 by sree2472
While I agree with you that at this moment issues other than points are important, I thought it wise to point out this mistake. I am not a great scorer of marks and don't intend to be one. However, the data at both places should be same.

I had also pointed out that latest members thing is double on the profile page, which is another error. If the one next to our profiles is removed, there would be lots of space and the profile page could look a bit cleaner and better.

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 3 weeks ago #218476 by Baydream

sree2472 wrote: While I agree with you that at this moment issues other than points are important, I thought it wise to point out this mistake. I am not a great scorer of marks and don't intend to be one. However, the data at both places should be same.

I had also pointed out that latest members thing is double on the profile page, which is another error. If the one next to our profiles is removed, there would be lots of space and the profile page could look a bit cleaner and better.

I agree 100% on the double display of new members.
I'm sure they will find the right "bucket" to get the points from. Thanks for bringing the double listing to light.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #218577 by rtenny

sree2472 wrote: I noticed that the points in my profile are way too less than what it used to be. Also there is the difference of points shown on profile page and in the forum.

I will recheck the points. I presume that the points in the forum are the correct ones.

12 years 3 weeks ago #218579 by rtenny
I tried the profile background cropping. When you click on the "edit background" link it brings up a selection box that i can just move to the right location and then save the selected area.

So far so good. Then I tried to change the width of the cropped area and I have the same problem that you are having. I will look at this issue and fix it.

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #218592 by Baydream
Thanks, Ralf for your attention to this. The points issue also seems to affect the "Top Earners" in the right hand column. I know that chasrich has posted WAY more than 51 replies this week. Not that this is critical in the big picture but may have something to do with the other points issues. The points in the forum look to be correct.
I checked and points are being added to the profile count as replies are added. It must have happened at "conversion". Perhaps the points on profile were carried over from the development site.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #218657 by icepics
I've been having the same problem with the background so it's good that's being looked at.

I was wondering about when someone clicks on a photo on a person's profile page, it gives the option to Like it, Share it, to Facebook and other social networking sites. Is there, or will there be, a way to not allow that type of access to our photos on our page? WIth the Terms and Conditions on at least some of those sites I don't want others to be able to post my photos there; I feel like they're my photos and it would be up to me which if any of my photos would be posted on networking websites. It looks like if someone was to post someone else's photo on a networking site, it would not show the original photographer's name.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #218660 by Baydream

icepics wrote: I've been having the same problem with the background so it's good that's being looked at.

I was wondering about when someone clicks on a photo on a person's profile page, it gives the option to Like it, Share it, to Facebook and other social networking sites. Is there, or will there be, a way to not allow that type of access to our photos on our page? WIth the Terms and Conditions on at least some of those sites I don't want others to be able to post my photos there; I feel like they're my photos and it would be up to me which if any of my photos would be posted on networking websites. It looks like if someone was to post someone else's photo on a networking site, it would not show the original photographer's name.

This is the same type of "security issue" people have with posting on FB. This could discourage folks from posting photos unless they just don't care.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #218975 by Baydream
Looks like the "points" issue has been resolved. :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #219010 by John Landolfi

Baydream wrote: Looks like the "points" issue has been resolved. :thumbsup:

Is it time to address the placement of the "people you may know.." box, and of the camera ads? (Coding for IE, if that's what's involved)? Please????

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #219056 by sree2472

John Landolfi wrote:

Is it time to address the placement of the "people you may know.." box, and of the camera ads? (Coding for IE, if that's what's involved)? Please????

Great to see the points issue solved... As John says it is time to address the placement of the people you may know box and the camera ads. I would add the double listing of latest members. It could be done away with and our details on the profile page could be spread out a bit so that it looks less cluttered.

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 3 weeks ago #219327 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote:

Hi John,

We have been very busy working on getting all the bugs straightened out on here. As you know PhotographyTalk is a social network for photographers, and would like to encourage or make available people with similar interest/gear. This area is one area that still has some fine tuning yet to come.

At the end of the day... we will constantly fine tuning this site to maximize it's growth potential. I appreciate your understanding and appreciation for the big picture.

Much respect buddy,

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #219328 by Alex
FYI... the upload process for the large profile photo has been fixed ;)

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #219331 by John Landolfi
Back at you, Alex.
I am not asking for the box to be removed- I understand your point, and I agree. Just place it where it doesn't crowd my info. The same for the camera ads: nothing wrong with them, I just don't think they belong in the middle of my Profile. Ads on Facebook appear on the side, they don't impinge on my content. That's all I am saying.
Ralf seemed to be hinting that the format I see may have to do with IE9, and that additnal new coding would help. I sure hope so!
Thanks for continuing to listen, and all your hard work!:thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #219335 by sree2472
@Alex

It is nice to see your team's hard work on resolving issues with the new look of this nice website. Regarding the latest members and people who own similar gear, I am the one who is telling that it can be done away with from the my profile page where our info is put up. I understand there must be reasons for placing these there. However, if you have noticed latest members listing is unnecessary as it is already listed at the corner of the website above "our facebook family". In addition, the boxes along with the ads of cameras in the profile info page makes the page altogether look cluttered. Nonetheless I am sure that you and your team are working hard to fine tune and make the profile page look its best. :)

12 years 3 weeks ago #219341 by PMurphy
I thought there was something different here. I love the new look! :judge:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: rtenny

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024