Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #217146 by Baydream
John - If you click on the PHOTOS button under your avatar, you will see just your albums. Good idea to "sticky"
this thread, consider it done.

But if you are on someone's profile, you will see your own. That's a bug that needs fixing.

Sharon - When I have Picasa running and using the "prt sc" button, I places a bitmap image in a Picasa/Screen Captures folder. That can be saved as a jpg or Exported as a smaller jpg.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217156 by icepics
Thanks for the attempt to help... I have no idea what you just said. :rofl: I can't help but laugh, you might as well be speaking another language...
Apparently, this is what comes from too many years working in education using only the best of outdated crappy equipment...

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217158 by Dori
My only problem is that I still don't get email notifications...

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 1 month ago #217166 by Alex
Thank you all for posting these up... we are working on all the "fixes". Thanks again for your patience.

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217170 by Dori
Thanks Alex and all who are helping!! :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #217177 by Baydream
Found that when you view a person's profile, you can no longer send a message from there. Finally found the Write message but unable to contact a "friend".

Finally found a way if I list "friends" and the msg link is there.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217179 by mattmoran
Several times today I have gotten a blank page with the message:

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

when visiting www.photographytalk.com/forum/recent

Usually it resolves itself in a few minutes or so.

-Matt
12 years 1 month ago #217180 by John Landolfi
Sorry, John. Again, not my point. I, and many others, I'm sure, have posted many images that are not in my albums, but in the various Galleries, and those are impossible to find. The idea that "millions of people" will see our images is a bit lame, if there is no simple way for someone to navigate the Galleries, and browse the images there.
Of course, my albums can be seen, but not directly even on my own page, where the most prominent thing is a banner proclaiming who I "may" know, or who shares my equipment. ( Why that should be there front and center is another question...). No. I prefer my page as it was to the new version.
The Galleries were extremely difficult, if not impossible to use, and that emains, even though it's at least possible to go through the pages. 800 of them, without any search engine? Perhaps the issue has been addressed, or not?
And, would you correct te broken English on the Log In page?

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217183 by McBeth Photography
I'm just waiting for Effron or dang to post up a bug macro shot in this thread. lol. ;)

It is what it is.
12 years 1 month ago #217188 by icepics
Maybe it's this bug...

Attachment not found

Sharon
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography
12 years 1 month ago #217192 by deemarie
Wow, lots of changes, good job!

I was unable to look at site when I logged in yesterday, all SQL errors, that seems better, but........

#1. I think I lost my friends! Lol, I can't find them

And although it appears that y albums are there, when I click to view my photos there are a few missing, and, most importantly is that a few of my albums have album covers that aren' my pics! Lol, don't know how they got there, for instance my "flowers" album has a cover of an although adorable dog but not mine! I noticed this with 3 of y albums.:ohmy:

deemarie
12 years 1 month ago #217193 by mattmoran
I went to Galleries->View By Category and clicked on "Landscape, City and Architecture Photography".
I like the new appearance, and I especially like that the slider is gone.

However, when I picked an interesting photo and clicked on it, I got this:

No picture ever filled in. :(

-Matt
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #217196 by rtenny

deemarie wrote: Wow, lots of changes, good job!

I was unable to look at site when I logged in yesterday, all SQL errors, that seems better, but........

#1. I think I lost my friends! Lol, I can't find them

And although it appears that y albums are there, when I click to view my photos there are a few missing, and, most importantly is that a few of my albums have album covers that aren' my pics! Lol, don't know how they got there, for instance my "flowers" album has a cover of an although adorable dog but not mine! I noticed this with 3 of y albums.:ohmy:

I will have a look at your album. Could you please tell me in which one you have missing images? I will check the backup and try to recover them for you.

12 years 1 month ago #217197 by rtenny

mattmoran wrote: I went to Galleries->View By Category and clicked on "Landscape, City and Architecture Photography".
I like the new appearance, and I especially like that the slider is gone.

However, when I picked an interesting photo and clicked on it, I got this:

No picture ever filled in. :(

I just checked the gallery and it worked for me. Could you please post the link or the name of the person so that I can check his/her photos as well.
Thanks

12 years 1 month ago #217202 by deemarie
Sorry rtenny, seems you misunderstood, I will try to explain better.

When I clicked on my photos, I thought it did not show all albums, however I was either wrong or it no longer does that.

Secondly, when you view my albums, 4 of them show album cover pics which are NOT my photos, they are flowers, fall, sky, and trees; however when you view that album all pics showing are mine, just not the "cover" that is displayed. Did I make sense that time?

Lastly, I Lund my friends! :banana:

deemarie

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024