Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 1 month ago #217309 by rtenny

Baydream wrote: I noticed that the "right click" is enabled in the galleries but also has returned to the forums.

Was able to change avatar this morning but the edit thumbnail seems to do nothing.

The "right-click" prevention is back on now.

12 years 1 month ago #217314 by rtenny

ClickAPic wrote: When I click on the My Photos link in my profile the names of the albums are mine but the photos are not. Where are my photos?
Thanks!

I see that all you albums have been created but none of the images are there. I will look at the backup and re-import your photos.

Thanks for your patience.

12 years 1 month ago #217328 by sree2472

rtenny wrote:

deemarie wrote: Sorry rtenny, seems you misunderstood, I will try to explain better.

When I clicked on my photos, I thought it did not show all albums, however I was either wrong or it no longer does that.

Secondly, when you view my albums, 4 of them show album cover pics which are NOT my photos, they are flowers, fall, sky, and trees; however when you view that album all pics showing are mine, just not the "cover" that is displayed. Did I make sense that time?

Lastly, I Lund my friends! :banana:

Glad to hear that all photos are there. But how strange that the Album cover should be wrong. Has anybody else experienced this?

I will look at your gallery and try to work out why this has happened.

While I don't find some strange photo as an album cover for any of my albums, I must say that there is the graphic of a tilted camera instead of the album cover for some of my albums.

I appreciate you and your teams efforts to fix these bugs.

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 1 month ago #217335 by rtenny

ClickAPic wrote: When I click on the My Photos link in my profile the names of the albums are mine but the photos are not. Where are my photos?
Thanks!

I have restored all your images now. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

12 years 1 month ago #217336 by rtenny

mattmoran wrote: Here's another issue with the gallery: some of the images seem to be broken?
www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...ycat?cid=1&start=100

And if you click on one of the '?' images, you get a page that looks like this:
www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...15260#photoid=167828

We are just checking for any photos that did not get converted from the old system. We trying to fix this as fast as possible.

12 years 1 month ago #217370 by rtenny

mattmoran wrote: Here's another issue with the gallery: some of the images seem to be broken?
www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...ycat?cid=1&start=100

And if you click on one of the '?' images, you get a page that looks like this:
www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...15260#photoid=167828

Hi Matt,

Both issues are fixed now

12 years 1 month ago #217384 by John Landolfi
Here you go: www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...i/album?albumid=5909

Also, Is there a way to eliminate the box with "People I may know" from the annoying place it now occupies on my Profile page? Have I explained the Galleries navigation issue- not my Albums, the Galleries under "Galleries"?

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217389 by John Landolfi

John Landolfi wrote: Here you go: www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...i/album?albumid=5909

Also, Is there a way to eliminate the box with "People I may know" from the annoying place it now occupies on my Profile page? Have I explained the Galleries navigation issue- not my Albums, the Galleries under "Galleries"?

Re: the above link: If you click opn another photo, the annoying strip disappears. Can you fix it so it is never there? And not on my Profile page? PLEASE!!!!!

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #217392 by John Landolfi

John Landolfi wrote:

John Landolfi wrote: Here you go: www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...i/album?albumid=5909

Re: the above link: If you click opn another photo, the annoying strip disappears. Can you fix it so it is never there? And not on my Profile page? PLEASE!!!!!

ALSO, please, fix the embarassing English on the Memebrs Log In page that a visitor sees if he tries to view a profile.
I seem to have no points, at least, not visibly. I had about 3,750....

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217428 by rtenny

John Landolfi wrote: Would it be a good idea to sticky this thread, and lock it at the top?

Whoever wrote the message on the log-in page doesn't have good command of English: "You do not have THE permission?" How about: ""please, log-in"...just a suggestion.

Hi John, I am normally the one for wrong spellings but this time it was not me. I have updated the message to a more informative one.

12 years 1 month ago #217452 by Bob Eaton
I don`t see any way to rate photos. Otherwise, I love the changes!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #217456 by Alex

Bob Eaton wrote: I don`t see any way to rate photos. Otherwise, I love the changes!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

First off... happy that you like the new look. We are still making changes to fine tune things now. Did you see on the right side "Rate It"? :)

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #217457 by Baydream

Bob Eaton wrote: I don`t see any way to rate photos. Otherwise, I love the changes!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Bob - When you open a photo, there is a block on the right where you rate Composition, Creativity and Lighting separately.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217460 by Alex

John Landolfi wrote:

John Landolfi wrote:

ALSO, please, fix the embarassing English on the Memebrs Log In page that a visitor sees if he tries to view a profile.
I seem to have no points, at least, not visibly. I had about 3,750....

We are adding all those back in... we needed to move the big pieces over... now fine tuning and making all the smaller changes. It's been a long week and I'm not sure which page you are looking at that has the spelling issues on it? Thanks for your help!

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #217461 by McBeth Photography

rtenny wrote: Due to popular demand here an image of a bug

Not sure if my demand was all that popular, lol.

:) :goodpost: Great Shot!

It is what it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rtenny

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024