Please post bugs in this thread

12 years 2 weeks ago #217203 by Baydream

John Landolfi wrote: Sorry, John. Again, not my point.... Perhaps the issue has been addressed, or not?
And, would you correct te broken English on the Log In page?

John. I see your point. I can get to your photos (using the tab) from your profile but once I get into one of your albums, I can move around that album but can not get back to all your albums. I also noticed a random pop-up cartoon balloon with no text and in strange places. I see one album listed as "John Landolfi's photos" that is empty. Looks like more work is needed.

When viewing a photo, no indication who' sit is without clicking "back to album".

My other concern is speed. Click on a photo in the main albums and it takes 8-15 seconds to load. Going between photos in that album takes 5-6 seconds. I'm getting consistent 15-16 mbps download speeds so it's not my connection.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #217204 by ClickAPic
When I click on the My Photos link in my profile the names of the albums are mine but the photos are not. Where are my photos?
Thanks!
12 years 2 weeks ago #217210 by mattmoran

rtenny wrote:

mattmoran wrote: I went to Galleries->View By Category and clicked on "Landscape, City and Architecture Photography".
I like the new appearance, and I especially like that the slider is gone.

However, when I picked an interesting photo and clicked on it, I got this:

No picture ever filled in. :(

I just checked the gallery and it worked for me. Could you please post the link or the name of the person so that I can check his/her photos as well.
Thanks

www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...d=7586#photoid=75386

-Matt
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #217211 by Baydream
Just went back into my albums.
Discovered that default for all my photos was PUBLIC. If I want SITE MEMBERS or FRIENDS, do I have to go change each one individually? (over 450 of them).
Also noticed when I went to delete a photo, I got a message that said I didn't have permission and to contact admin - but then the photo deleted.
I'm very concerned that Pinterest is an option on my photos.

Tried to change "background" photo and got a distorted version so I clicked "delete background photo". It deleted my avatar. Changed my background to something that didn't look awful. Tried to add back my avatar and system does nothing, just a blank screen. (Guess I'll be the invisible man for now).

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #217212 by sree2472

Baydream wrote:

John Landolfi wrote: Sorry, John. Again, not my point.... Perhaps the issue has been addressed, or not?
And, would you correct te broken English on the Log In page?

John. I see your point. I can get to your photos (using the tab) from your profile but once I get into one of your albums, I can move around that album but can not get back to all your albums. I also noticed a random pop-up cartoon balloon with no text and in strange places. I see one album listed as "John Landolfi's photos" that is empty. Looks like more work is needed.

When viewing a photo, no indication who' sit is without clicking "back to album".

My other concern is speed. Click on a photo in the main albums and it takes 8-15 seconds to load. Going between photos in that album takes 5-6 seconds. I'm getting consistent 15-16 mbps download speeds so it's not my connection.

I also find the speed to open one photo too slow. In addition I have found that sometimes when i click on a photo the page is refreshed and I have to wait for the page to reload to view the photo. In my albums I have noticed that some of my albums have a tilted camera instead of the photo that should have been the cover photo of the album.

Two more things...unless I come to the forum, I do not even know my points...and the second is the small delete button on the thumbnails of the album as well as photos. This is not a good idea as I feel that when in a hurry, i might hit the delete button instead of the photo and might invariably lose the photo or album (especially thumbnail of photo where the delete button is at the top of the thumbnail). This would result in double work of again reloading the album or photo. So could this delete button on the thumbnail be removed.

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 2 weeks ago #217214 by mattmoran
Here's another issue with the gallery: some of the images seem to be broken?
www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...ycat?cid=1&start=100

And if you click on one of the '?' images, you get a page that looks like this:
www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...15260#photoid=167828

-Matt
Attachments:
12 years 2 weeks ago #217215 by mattmoran

sree2472 wrote: I also find the speed to open one photo too slow. In addition I have found that sometimes when i click on a photo the page is refreshed and I have to wait for the page to reload to view the photo.

It seems to me that whenever I'm looking at an album and I use the left or right arrow that appears superimposed over the image to take me to the previous or next image, the image immediately changes to the next image for a brief second. Then the whole window goes blank while the page is refreshed.

It seems to happen on any album. Here's a random page I observed the behavior on: www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...id=2315#photoid=6692

I don't have software to make a screencast. Sorry.

-Matt
12 years 2 weeks ago #217238 by sree2472

mattmoran wrote:

sree2472 wrote: I also find the speed to open one photo too slow. In addition I have found that sometimes when i click on a photo the page is refreshed and I have to wait for the page to reload to view the photo.

It seems to me that whenever I'm looking at an album and I use the left or right arrow that appears superimposed over the image to take me to the previous or next image, the image immediately changes to the next image for a brief second. Then the whole window goes blank while the page is refreshed.

It seems to happen on any album. Here's a random page I observed the behavior on: www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...id=2315#photoid=6692

I don't have software to make a screencast. Sorry.

I clicked on the link you had given and saw what you meant. Even I found it happening. The slow speed and unnecessary refreshing of pages would rather make photo viewing a chore than a pleasure. So hope this gets fixed asap

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 2 weeks ago #217251 by John Landolfi
Here's another. On this page (my album), there is a nice enlargenment of on e of my shots, with a vertical strip of advertising and other irrelevant information over it, covering the central part of the image:
www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...i/album?albumid=5909

I'll try once more to explain:
Galleries>View by Category>Landscape and Architecture (for instance), there is a listing of some 800 pages of images, not arranged in any discernible way, with no way of navigating the Gallery other than flipping through pages sequentially. It isn't even possible to go directly to a particular page, say page 100, without leafing through all pages from 1 to 99 first. How is this useful? It's probably not possible to set up filters to select particular types, but, at least, a filter to pull up all of someone's posts over time should be feasible, and actually be useful: each photo must have a name attached.....

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #217253 by Alex
Hi everyone... thanks for the feed back and patience... this was a major upgrade and we expected some bugs... rest assure we are working quickly to resolve all of these.

Much respect,

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #217283 by Baydream
I noticed that the "right click" is enabled in the galleries but also has returned to the forums.

Was able to change avatar this morning but the edit thumbnail seems to do nothing.

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #217287 by rtenny

deemarie wrote: Sorry rtenny, seems you misunderstood, I will try to explain better.

When I clicked on my photos, I thought it did not show all albums, however I was either wrong or it no longer does that.

Secondly, when you view my albums, 4 of them show album cover pics which are NOT my photos, they are flowers, fall, sky, and trees; however when you view that album all pics showing are mine, just not the "cover" that is displayed. Did I make sense that time?

Lastly, I Lund my friends! :banana:

Glad to hear that all photos are there. But how strange that the Album cover should be wrong. Has anybody else experienced this?

I will look at your gallery and try to work out why this has happened.

12 years 2 weeks ago #217289 by rtenny

Baydream wrote: I noticed that the "right click" is enabled in the galleries but also has returned to the forums.

Was able to change avatar this morning but the edit thumbnail seems to do nothing.

The Edit Thumbnail should let you crop the uploaded image. Can you please let me know what browser you are using? I will test this in FireFox, Chrome and Internet Explorer now.

12 years 2 weeks ago #217295 by rtenny
Due to popular demand here an image of a bug

Attachments:
12 years 2 weeks ago #217304 by rtenny

John Landolfi wrote: Here's another. On this page (my album), there is a nice enlargenment of on e of my shots, with a vertical strip of advertising and other irrelevant information over it, covering the central part of the image:
www.photographytalk.com/photo-galleries/...i/album?albumid=5909

I looked at the link but I could not see and advertising over your photos.

Can you please post a screenshot? What browser are you using. I am trying to fix all issues as fast as possible. Any additional information will help me to find problems quicker.

Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024