Drones have been part of photographers' and filmmakers' arsenals for a couple of years now, and their incredible impact is undeniable. Any person who can afford a decent drone and a GoPro can now take footage that would require a camera and helicopter crew 10-15 years ago.
The fact that they've become so popular and widely used has resulted in some amazing videos that are sometimes shot by pros, but a lot of them are taken by regular people on weekends and holidays.
Nevertheless, while drone footage looks good in general, you still need a good subject to film, just like you do in photography. Here are eleven viral drone videos for your visual pleasure or amusement. Enjoy!
11. Surfing in the Mentawai Islands (1,000,000 +)
This video will either make your day better, or have you throwing things around.
10. Beijing from above (1,300,000 +)
This aerial footage shot by Trey Ratcliff in the Chinese capital ended up with him being detained by the Police.
9. Inside the Yasur volcano on Tanna Island, Vanuatu (1,400,000+)
This is the kind of amazing footage that would be really hard to get without a drone.
8. Angry Ram knocking out drone and owner (1,800,000+)
Common sense is an obvious requirement in the relationship between man and nature. Intrude and this is what happens.
7. Aerial view of Burning Man, 2013 (2,000,000+)
Beautiful footage of people in the desert.
6. Drone hits groom at wedding videos session (2,200,000+)
Now this is why drones shouldn't be flown by everyone. Nice way to ruin a wedding.
5. Tornado Damage, Arkansas (2,400,000+)
Sadly, not all drone footage is beautiful or funny.
4. Aerial view of Niagara Falls (2,700,000+)
It might be a cliché tourist attraction, but not if you have this view of it.
3. Apple Campus 2 construction site (4,200,000)
Yes, it's very big.
2. Dolphin Stampede and Whales, Dana Point, Maui (10,300,000+)
1. Fireworks (10,700,000)
This has to be one of the best ideas ever.
Get your own drone here and start taking amazing aerial footage.